📢 Best practices on posting
When and how often to post about what
Engage with trending topics
- When creating an engagement, use hashtags to add topics to your post. For example, if your post concerns a proposed increase in the minimum wage, you could use the topics “#wage” and “#work” as seen in the image to the right.
- Discussing trending topics is a great way to get involved in the public discourse.
- Residents can search by topic to find engagements, and may follow topics they are interested in.
- Using multiple topics on an engagement allows it to be found easier and by more residents, particularly by those who follow a topic.
When to post
- Posting on weekdays between 8:00am and 10:00am helps your posts receive the most engagement, as these are the most active hours on social media.
- Post routinely to ensure that residents always have something new to see. Long gaps between posts can discourage residents from routinely viewing.
- Do not post more than a few times per day, but at least once per week.
Learn about your followers to better appeal to them:
- View your analytics page to better understand who engages with your posts.
- This information can help you appeal to your constituents and their communities in your future posts.