Edit your profile on web: Click on your name in the top-right and select “My Profile” from the drop-down menu. Then click on any of the “edit” buttons on the right.
Edit your profile on the app: Click on the profile image at the center of the bottom menu. Here there is a setting icon in the top right (⚙️) that will give you an “Edit Profile” option.
Upload a Profile Picture
- To edit your profile picture, click on the grey circle with your initials in it
- This will be the “face” of your account, so keep in mind what impression your profile picture will present.
- You do not have to use a picture of yourself if you prefer not to, but please do not use someone else’s picture here.
- You may choose how your name is displayed: First Last, First L, or FL.
- This allows you to control how much anonymity you have on CivicBell.
- Keep in mind that this will limit how much detail you see of others names.
- Your address is not editable without reaching out to support. This limits the ability for people to change their address and engage in a place they are not living.
- You may edit your phone number to update our records. This information is not viewable by other users.
- For users viewing your account, help them better understand you. Write a short informational statement about who you are, your interests, and your perspectives.
- This will help other residents and government officials understand the real individual behind your account.
My Social Media
- You may connect your other social media accounts so that other CivicBell users who view your account may find you on other platforms.
- Additionally, you may include your email address if you wish to be reached in this manner.
While we do encourage filling out a profile page, none of these steps are required to use CivicBell. Your profile page is intended to personify you as a community member to improve the civility of public discourse.